Frequently Asked Questions
VOSS Plus™ FAQs
- What does VOSS Plus™ provide aside from hydration?
In addition to improving hydration by providing more active absorption and balance, VOSS Plus™ contains sustainably sourced Aquamin®, providing 74 plant-based trace minerals and electrolytes.
- Who is VOSS Plus™ intended for?
VOSS Plus™ is intended for anyone and everyone seeking hydration. It is especially fitting for wellness-minded consumers who enjoy a fit, active lifestyle, and are looking for products that are complementary to this healthy mindset.
- Does VOSS Plus™ taste any different than regular VOSS?
No, the addition of Aquamin® in VOSS Plus™ does not affect the exceptional purity and clean, distinct taste of VOSS water.
- When would I drink VOSS Plus™ and when would I drink regular VOSS?
VOSS Plus™ can be consumed any time of day, but is especially recommended when you expect to be on the go all day, or during or after a physical activity. We recommend drinking VOSS Still and/or Sparkling timed to meal, social and break time occasions.
- What is Aquamin® and where do I go to learn more about it?
Aquamin® is a plant-based multi-mineral complex derived from red marine algae, sustainably sourced from the coastal seas of Iceland. This natural sea plant provides 74 trace minerals and electrolytes that have accumulated from seawater and have been stored as carbonate salts. Aquamin® is FDA GRAS (generally recognized as safe) certified and has been shown to have superior bioavailability, and also contains anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties clinically proven to promote healthy aging and support skin, bone, joint and digestive health. For more information, visit Aquamin.com.
- Q. Where does VOSS come from in Norway?
VOSS Water from Norway comes from the VOSS source in Iveland, Southern Norway.
Iveland is a village and municipality in Aust-Agder county, part of the traditional region of Sorlandet.
- Q. What makes VOSS so pure?
VOSS has a very clean yet distinct taste, with low mineral content.
VOSS is recognized as one of the world’s purest bottled waters with only 44 parts per million of Total Dissolved Solids. This is a significantly lower TDS count than most other major water brands, giving VOSS its pure, clean taste.
- Q. Is your PET bottle BPA-approved?
Yes, it is. BPA stands for Bisphenol-A, an organic compound that is often part of the manufacture of plastics and resin. BPA has been controversial as it exerts hormone-like properties which are considered toxic to humans.
VOSS is proud to manufacture PET (plastic) VOSS bottles that are BPA-free.
- Q. Why does VOSS make plastic bottles?
The main reason we make and manufacture plastic (PET) bottles is that we want people everywhere to enjoy the pure taste of VOSS in as many occasions as possible.
Glass is often prohibited in areas like resort swimming pools and outdoor bars. We manufacture plastic (PET) bottles so that we can ensure our fans around the world can enjoy VOSS anytime, anywhere.
- Q. Are VOSS bottles recyclable?
Yes. All our bottles, including our iconic glass and plastic (PET) bottles, are recyclable. Each bottle carries the international ‘recycle’ symbol above the barcode.
- Q. Is VOSS an environmentally friendly company?
Yes. At VOSS, we have aligned our company operations with the same values inherent in our product: pure water from pure resources. Aside from promoting recyclability of our glass and plastic (PET) bottles, we also pursue carbon neutrality. VOSS is committed to reducing our carbon footprint from the moment we source our water to the moment you recycle the bottle. We have adopted a holistic, sustainable approach to bringing our pure water products to market, while striving to protect the resources from which our product flows.
- Q. What are the different types of bottled water?
- Spring water is derived from an underground formation from which water flows naturally to the surface of the earth.
- Purified water is water that has been produced by distillation, deionization, reverse osmosis, or other suitable processes.
- Mineral water is water naturally containing no less than 250 parts per million total dissolved solids (TDS) and which keeps this level at a relative
- constant. Natural sparkling water is water that, after treatment, and possible exposure to carbon dioxide, contains the same amount of carbon dioxide that it had as it emerged from the source.
- Well water is water from a hole, boarded, drilled, or otherwise constructed in the ground, which taps the water aquifer.
- Q. What size bottles does VOSS offer?
VOSS Still and Sparkling Waters are available in the signature glass bottles in 375ml and 800ml sizes. They can also be found in a specially designed, high grade PET bottle in 330ml, 500ml, and 850ml sizes.
In 2016/2017, VOSS launched Flavored Sparkling Waters in Lemon Cucumber, and Tangerine Lemongrass and Lime Mint. In 2019, VOSS also launched Strawberry Ginger and Raspberry Rose Sparking Waters. The Flavored Sparkling Waters are currently available in select markets.
- Q. Why should I drink VOSS?
Drinking plenty of pure water has significant health benefits. Staying hydrated will help maintain your energy level, help your body fight colds and infections, increase your mental and physical performance, improve concentration and reaction time, allow for proper digestion, and keep your skin looking healthy and youthful.