This Summer, Raise The Barbecue.
Chilled VOSS. Inspired Recipes. Beautifully Prepared.
Raise The Barbecue.
Backyards are for living and living well is an art. This Summer, express your creativity on the grill and showcase the bounty of fresh ingredients the season has to offer. Pair your culinary creations with chilled, ultra pure VOSS artesian water in still, sparkling and flavored varieties. Take inspiration from the designs, dishes and outdoor entertaining tips below and host a better barbecue.
Lifestyle experts from all over are sharing their best advice and pics of how to serve delicious meals on eye-catching table settings. Check in on the regular to see what our latest featured guest has been up to in their backyard barbecue lounge.
Nothing beats a Summer BBQ! I‘m loving my new Q1200 @WeberGrill and can’t wait to start grilling dishes all summer long. I’m thinking about starting with a juicy Flank Steak. Even better when I can pair it with my favorite @vossworld. Check out the LINK IN BIO for my #VBQ inspo, recipe and special offer for you! #ad
MAKE IT TODAY
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
GRILLING TIME: 18-22 minutes
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 flank steak, about 1 ½ pounds and ¾ inch thick
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 poblano or pasilla chile peppers
8 ounces button mushrooms, cut into ¼-inch slices
¼ cup finely chopped white onion
2 medium garlic cloves, minced or pushed through a press
½ cup heavy whipping cream
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1. Combine the rub ingredients. Brush the steak on both sides with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season evenly with the rub. Allow the steak to stand at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes before grilling.
2. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350º to 450ºF).
3. Grill the chiles over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until blackened and blistered all over, 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Put the chiles in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to trap the steam. Let stand for about 10 minutes. Remove the chiles from the bowl and peel away and discard the charred skin. Cut off and discard the stems and seeds and then cut each Chile lengthwise into ½-inch strips.
4. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook until the mushrooms are lightly browned, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the chiles and cream and increase the heat to high. Cook until the cream is thickened and coats the mushrooms, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
5. Grill the steak over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until cooked to your desired doneness, 8 to 10 minutes for medium rare, turning once or twice. Remove from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Cut the steak across the grain into thin slices. Serve immediately topped with the creamy poblano and mushroom mixture.
©2013 Weber-Stephen Products LLC. Recipe from Weber’s New Real Grilling™ by Jamie Purviance. Used with permission.
‘RAISE YOUR BARBECUE’ EXCLUSIVE ONLINE OFFER
The Weber iGrill Mini is your answer to perfectly grilled food, every time. This app-connected thermometer monitors your food’s temperature from beginning to end, and notifies you when on your smart device at the precise moment it’s ready to serve.
*Now through 9/30/18, purchase any VOSS product to save $20 off a Weber iGrill Mini App-Connected Thermometer. Offer valid in the U.S. only via exclusive online offer. Not valid on previous purchases and cannot be combined with any other promotions or offers. Not redeemable for cash and may not be used for any charges for shipping, handling, or taxes. To redeem offer, upload your receipt showing proof of purchase at www.vosswater.com/vbq before 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 9/30/18. Limit two (2) per person. Weber, the kettle configuration, the kettle silhouette and IGrill Mini are registered trademarks of Weber-Stephen Products LLC. Used with permission. All rights reserved.